Are You Setting Your Goals in December?Dec 18, 2023
As the year draws to a close, many people find themselves reflecting on their accomplishments and setting goals for the future. While the traditional time for goal setting is the beginning of the year, there are several reasons why setting your goals in December can be a great idea.
Reflect and Recharge
December provides an excellent opportunity to pause and reflect on the past year. You can assess your progress towards your previous goals, identify areas for improvement, and gain valuable insights into your strengths and weaknesses. This reflective period can help you set more realistic and achievable goals for the year ahead.
Harness the Holiday Spirit
The festive season is often associated with positive emotions, motivation, and a sense of renewed energy. This positive mindset can carry over into the goal-setting process, making it easier to envision your desired outcomes and take action towards achieving them.
Embrace a Less-Hectic Environment
December typically marks a decline in work-related activities and social engagements, providing you with more time and space for self-reflection and goal setting. This reduced level of external distractions can allow you to focus more deeply on your aspirations and develop action plans with greater clarity.
Create a Smooth Transition into the New Year
By setting goals in December, you can start the new year with a clear direction and a sense of purpose. This proactive approach can help you avoid the typical January slump that often occurs when people are bombarded with new year's resolutions.
Avoid the New Year's Resolution Frenzy
Setting goals in December allows you to avoid the overwhelming wave of new year's resolutions that often flood social media and popular culture. By taking a more deliberate and mindful approach, you can avoid the pressure of conforming to popular trends and focus on goals that are truly aligned with your values and aspirations.
Tips for Setting Goals in December
- Take some time for self-reflection: Analyse your past year, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and consider what you want to achieve in the coming year.
- Set SMART goals: Make your goals Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Break down large goals into smaller, more manageable steps: This will make them less intimidating and easier to track your progress.
- Find a support system: Share your goals with friends, family, or a mentor who can provide encouragement and accountability.
- Schedule time for goal-related activities: Block out time in your calendar to work on your goals, whether it's learning a new skill, pursuing a hobby, or developing your career.
Remember, goal setting is an ongoing process, not a one-time event. Celebrate your achievements along the way, adjust your goals as needed, and never give up on your dreams. You can definitely achieve them if you keep going.
If you would like to have a chat about your goals and how you can plan for a successful year, why not drop me an email to arrange a call: [email protected]
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.